Wayland plus and minus

Great to see that Wayland is working very well with KDE now!

On the minus side, I've just bought a Logitech MX Master 3S mouse
(expensive but I *love* it!), which works marvellously on X11 but is
quite laggy under Wayland.  The screen pointer frequently stops while
the mouse is moving.  Is there a setting that would fix this?

As for the plus, the first one is that seemed to be the only obvious
reason not to stick with Wayland.

Secondly, I tried Wayland because I was getting a failure on X11 with a
webkit based program.  It gave me an excuse to (re)try Wayland, and IT
WORKED!

While that was marvellous, it made me wonder if there was anything I
could do to get it working under X11.  The error messages were

KMS: DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Permission denied
Failed to create GBM buffer of size 800x573: Permission denied
KMS: DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Permission denied
Failed to create GBM buffer of size 800x573: Permission denied
KMS: DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Permission denied
Failed to create GBM buffer of size 800x573: Permission denied
Failed to create EGL images for DMABufs with file descriptors -1, -1
and -1

I found various reports of this on the interweb, mostly suggesting that
it was to do with NVidia drivers (I have an NVidia Geforce GT 710
card), but clearly I've got a functioning version because Wayland found
it.  Is there any way to get X11 to use the same driver?

My system is using akmod-nvidia-470xx version 470.223.02.
It does have a later version, 550.54.14, but this is "only" akmod-
nvidia", suggesting it's not specific for my card?