Re: F34 KDE startup login task does not run

On 21 May 2021, at 20:00, Barry Scott <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7 May 2021, at 17:56, Robert-André Mauchin <zebob.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/7/21 10:15 AM, Barry Scott wrote:
I have been using a login task for a number of years with KDE.
After the upgrade to F34 KDE is no longer running my login script.
I added some logging to the script to leave evidence that it has run
and no logs are recorded.
I tried deleting the existing entry in
System Settings/Startup and Shutdown/autostart
then I added the script back in.
But that did not work.
Is there something special I need to do to make this work?
Is there a log somewhere that I can check for errors?
Barry

Mine don't work too. I've elected to make a user service file in:

~/.config/systemd/user/

For example:

# ssh-add.service
[Unit]
Description=ssh-add service
Requires=ssh-agent.service
After=ssh-agent.service

[Service]
ExecStart=ssh-add -q %h/.ssh/id_rsa

[Install]
WantedBy=xdg-desktop-autostart.target

Robert,

I like this as it uses the new --user systemd unit to do the init.
I know that this is the future of better DE startup.

The env suggestion does not work as ssh-aganet is not running when then env is setup.

But I have one problem and wonder is you found a fix.
I get prompted for the password for the wallet.

I tried adding:

To make sure the wallet was up, but it looks like I need to be After: some target
that says that the required services are not just running but have beenc onfigured.

The other observation is that this works for plama X11.
But it does not work for plasma wayland as there is not ssh-agent running.
I have not tried to figure out why yet.

I think the problem is that the kwallet is not unlocked before the
xdg-desktop-autostart.target is started.

I have a work around by adding:
ExecStartPre=sleep 5

Obvious that is not robust.

Barry