Re: Plasma + sddm

On 24/08/2020 22:32, Frédéric wrote:
  2 things to try:
* disable session management, systemsettings5->startup&shutdown->desktop
session, On Login chose option *other* than "Restore previous session"

That was already set to "Start with an empty session".

* enable logind feature to kill user processes on logout, edit
/etc/systemd/logind.conf , set key
KillUserProcesses=yes

This did not fix it. It's really a bug with sddm.

Thank you,

___________

I agree there is a problem but not 100% sure it is sddm.

I have a similar and may be the same problem.

I use multiple users to isolate work from play and I have had issues with one account that when I logout, it freezes with the background showing. Mouse moves but nothing works in it.

There are enough processes running and I go into another account and slowly kill them off. I have had KillUserProcesses=yes set for a very long time on this machine.

The last process I end up killing it the sddm-helper session for that user.

I have had this on both F31 and F32 but have not had the time or energy to try to do any debugging on it.

I have it set to start with an empty session.

On logout it freezes.

Other accounts don't freeze like this on this machine. I have another account that I have never had freeze up this way.

Under top, these are the processes that are running for this user after an attempt to logout.

dbus-broker
gvfsd
kglobalaccel5
dconf-service
abrt-applet
pulseaudio
agent
kactivitymanage
at-spi-bus-laun
dbus-broker-lau
dbus-broker
gconf-helper
gconfd-2
kscreen_backend
at-spi2-registr
kdeconnectd

gconf-helper will remain a zombie until pulseaudio is killed.

I think there is a process that cannot be stopped and is preventing sddm from working properly.

I usually have at least two different session open on this machine at all times and will open a third and/or fourth session from time to time.

Robin