Re: System Upgrade (UEFI F29 --> F30)

> It is not common to use GDM for
> KDE, as it usually is shipped with SDDM.

This occurred as a consequence of upgrading via yum, instead of starting with a blank disk (clean install). I had switched ot GDM in Fedora 29, since there were perpetual problems with SDDM (I no longer recall all of them, but some of it was related to SDDM not setting the background colours or images correctly, resulting in nearly unusable login screens, such as white background with white text, etc. There were other issue, too, but now we are on Fedora 30 and SDDM appears to be functioning adequately for my purposes—I have not yet tried modifying the appearance).

> You could try creating a clean new user and see, if the issue still
> prevailed. Maybe some logs might help to see, what is going on, because
> clean installations are clearly not affected. I would like to hear about
> any progress you will make here, because it can help others if they arrive
> into similar troubles.

I have spent many hours in the past 2-3 days fiddling with the system, trying wayland and regular KDE and even trying Gnome (only KDE applications, though, just to see how I could get along with that desktop and still use familiar applications). In any case, I have experienced a need to take a break from all of the testing and just use the system in a normal fashion without fretting over glitches that will hopefully be resolved as updates come out.

> You can also join us in beta testing for Fedora 31 and make sure that such
> things will not happen in the future again on your system.

Thank you. I am a regular contributor to Bugzilla, too.

PS. I should note, that after a few days of using Fedora 30 (Plasma on Xorg), I can confirm that there are issues with suspend and resume. Most of the time, I am forced to restart the computer. This has not been an issue since at least Fedora 23 or earlier.