Re: Firefox_KDE_Integration wiki needs love

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 11:59 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> PO> [..] the only thing I care about vis-a-vis
> PO> browser integration is being able to restore my multiple browser
> PO> windows and tabs to their various virtual desktops when I log
> PO> in.
>
> I have never really had a problem with that; occasionally firefox flakes
> and says it can't do a session restore (and then provides me with a
> button which... does a successful session restore) but otherwise
> everything starts up back just as I left it (including things other than
> firefox).

Same here, but that's not what I mean, see below.

> In system setting, under Startup and Shutdown -> Desktop Session, look
> at the "On Login" section and make sure that's set to either "Restore
> previous session" or "Restore manually saved session" and that firefox
> isn't in the exclusion list there.  And if you picked the manually saved
> session, make sure that at least once you manually save the layout you
> want at startup by arranging your windows and then selecting "Save
> Session" under the "Leave" section in the application launcher menu.

Yes, been doing that for years, but again not what I mean.

Try this: open a Firefox window with several tabs, each opened to a
different web page. Place it on one virtual desktop. Open a second
Firefox window with another set of open tabs, and place it on another
virtual desktop. Now save the session.

Log out and in again. Start Firefox.

Do you get the same windows and open tabs on the same virtual desktops
as before?

poc