Re: Firefox_KDE_Integration wiki needs love

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 09:55 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > On 10/1/18 10:09 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > > Notice, this wiki page
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE/Firefox_KDE_Integration
> > > has been updated to include,
> > >
> > > WARNING: This document is out of date (last updated 2010) and is now
> > > inaccurate.
> > >
> > > Anyone interested in helping to update it as appropriate (and remove the
> > > warning) would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
> >
> > Is there somewhere that the goals "integration" with firefox is defined?
> >
> > I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  I see, now, a package
> > called plasma-browser-integration.  The description
> > being
> >
> > plasma-browser-integration coupled with a browser plugin provides
> > integration of the browser in the desktop.
> >
> > and I have no clue as to what it does or what plugin needs to be added to
> > what browser.
>
> As for what is plasma-browser-integration and what it does, hopefully this
> answers your questions:
>
> https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Browser_Integration

It's not clear from the description, and I apologise in advance if I've
asked this before, but the only thing I care about vis-a-vis browser
integration is being able to restore my multiple browser windows and
tabs to their various virtual desktops when I log in. Currently I'm
using a hack found at https://github.com/zepalmer/script-vd
 but a) it's imperfect (sometimes things aren't fully restored) and b)
it requires manual intervention when I log out and in.

This may not even be a DE issue of course.

poc