Re: plasma5: space between widgets

Am 03.04.2018 um 22:37 schrieb Colin J Thomson:
> On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 18:37:05 BST Reindl Harald wrote:
>> see screenshot - can i somewhere reduce the space between widgets,
>> sepcially the space to the right screen edge?
>>
>> whatever i try - moving them more right and they snap back and thats
>> parctically the same space on all edges of a widget
>>
>> simple reason - i want the visible all the time but use my space better
>> for other windows without overlap
>
> Do you have "press and hold widgets to move them" set?
>
> When set it you can click and hold in the middle of the widget, drag it
> slightly off screen so it snaps to almost the outer edge.
>
> Desktop Settings > Tweaks

surely, but the grid for that "almost" is ridiculous large and hwat you
see on the screenshot is the most outer right position available and the
snap to "almost outer" is still wasted space but much more imprtant
don't keep stable meaning they end where they are now a few days later

as well the space between the widgets itself is way too large - that
damned grid needs to have 5-8 pixel or best just leave me in peace with
that grid at all and let me place my widgets where i want and after that
lock them