Re: Fedora27: KDE-Plasma/networkManager: Ethernet interfaces set to 100MBits/sec half duplex

On Friday, 16 February 2018 12:56:37 AM AEDT Lukas Middendorf wrote:
> On 15.02.2018 11:21, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > On 02/15/18 17:54, Lukas Middendorf wrote:
> >
> >> I have checked your problem on one of my systems and I also had it set
> >> to 100/half without auto-negotiation.
> >

> > So, the question would be did your system once have "Allow
> > auto-negotiation" checked
 but it became unchecked without action on your
> > part?  And what does ethertool show to be the current speed?  Are you
> > unable to set it to the desired speed?
>
> I can select the desired settings and also enabling auto-negotiation
> works, but for some reason it was set to 100/half without me doing
> anything.
 I'm not sure I ever touched those settings on that system before
> (and I definitely did not set it to something this slow on purpose). I
> think it was a new install of F26 with home directory carried over from
> earlier Fedora releases and then updated to F27.
>
> During normal operation my internet connection would likely not even be
> slowed down by 100/half. So I would not notice it immediately. But once
> in a while I connect my notebook to the network and do file transfer
> with sftp. I think the last time I did that a few weeks ago it was
> faster than 100Mbit, but I can not say that for sure. The slowness I
> have attributed to the slow cpu and magnetic drive on the notebook could
> have been wrong network settings after all.

I think you missed the question. What the GUI shows and what reality is are
two different things. I've had the GUI show 100/half - yet the switch port
indicates 1000/full.

--
Steven Haigh

📧 netwiz@xxxxxxxxx       💻 http://www.crc.id.au