Changing the graphics

I wonder if this is the right place to ask for some help setting up mu
new laptop. If not please ignore.

I've just bought a new Lenovo Yoga 920. In general I'm happy with the
machine and installed Fedora 27 right away, that is my favourite desktop.

My problem is that the display has 3840 x 2160 Pixels (1016 x 571 mm) in
resolution - information from the kinfocentre.

Everything is extremely small, but I've found in the System Settings a
possibility for scaling, which I did. So now i scale the display two
times and can read the text. So all native KDE applications seems to run
with this scaling. But the GTK application doesn't - making them unusable.

I was wondering if it was possible to set-up the graphics card to work
with a HD like setting (or half the current possible number of pixels)
and still use the full display. If I set-up the display to HD size in
the System Settings it only uses half the Display.

Do you know if that would be possible to change the basic settings of
the graphics card? If so, where should I look for configuration options?

Thanks in advance.

--
Med venlig hilsen

Klaus Kolle

Teknikumingeniør, B.Sc.EE.,     e-mail    : klaus@xxxxxxxx
Master of IT                    www       : www.kolle.dk
Kollundvej 5                    Telephone : +4586829682 / +4522216044
DK-8600 Silkeborg, Denmark

"Man skal ikke tilskrive til sammensværgelser hvad der tilstrækkeligt
kan forklares af inkompetence"
Poul Henning Kamp

Planlægning er tanker om noget man agter at gøre en gang i fremtiden,
hvis omstændighederne tillader det.
Klaus Kolle 2006

Perfection is achieved not when nothing more to add, but when there is
nothing more left to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery