Re: kde system tray settings entries empty

Sérgio Basto wrote:
> I have 2 systems with kde Fedora 26 updated, one is in English other in
> Portuguese, in the Portugese one, systray does not show the gnome nm-
> applet , neither the gnome applet gdesklets , I tested gdesklets later
> and also doesn't work .
> Trying understand this behavior I see kde system tray settings
> entries  empty , screenshot in attach. what I can do ?

This list only contains system tray applets that are actually running, so
you have to start the application first. There are 2 kinds of system tray
applets: Plasma widgets (plasmoids) that can dock into the system tray,
which can be enabled or disabled in the first tab of the settings, and
traditional system tray applets, which are run like any other application.
You can then set them up to be shown or hidden from the second tab of the
settings dialog (the one you have open), but first, you have to actually run
the application so that the Plasma system tray knows that it exists at all.
Only the plasmoids can actually be run by the system tray widget itself.

        Kevin Kofler