Re: German translations become worser and worser

Reindl Harald wrote:
> don#t get me wrong but i can#t register on every list and since one of
> the Fedora kde-maintainers lives also in vienna and likely has better
> contacts than we both together it's not a completly wrong place

I am not a Fedora KDE maintainer anymore.

As for your issue, I suspect it is not German-specific, but a mismatch
between the packaged kde-l10n and applications. E.g., KNode (which is stuck
on kdelibs 4) has no translations at all anymore. It used to be fully
translated, and the app did not change. The translation was lost from kde-
l10n and not added to the application package. I suspect there are more
applications like that.

When upstream removes a translation from kde-l10n, it is the packagers' job
to manually readd it either there or in the application package. I am not
the packager for most (if not all) of the affected applications, nor am I a
comaintainer of kde-l10n anymore. (KNode comes from kdepim4, which is owned
by Rex Dieter.)

        Kevin Kofler