Re: F26: Konqueror / SMB -> client max protocol = SMB3 == broken

Am 25.09.2017 um 16:03 schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 25.09.2017 um 15:37 schrieb Reindl Harald:
Am 25.09.2017 um 15:15 schrieb Rex Dieter:
Reindl Harald wrote:

it's laughable enough that you need to add "client max protocol = SMB3"
to your /etc/samba/smb.conf with F25 or you get SMB1 connetions but that
you need to comment that line out in F26 can't be taken serious

That's more likely a samba/libsmbclient issue (kio_smb uses libsmbclient
like samba does).

i strongly doubt that samba 4.6 can't speak SMB when 4.5 can

well, where my manually stored passwords gone is another question
KDE Wallet Manager (wow and i should not call it KDE) version 2.0 "using
KDE Development Platform 4.14.32" should still be the old wallet

are you kidding me?

Try kwalletmanager5 instead (kwalletmanager is for the kde4 kwallet)

Now that kf5's kwallet can now serve kde4 clients (apparently), we can
consider a plan to retire the old manager

kwalletmanager5 wasn't even installed at the moment *but* after install it it shows the same - nothing - see screenshot

somewhere there must passwords exist because
  * at login kopete reuqests kwallet
  * i need to enter my master password
  * i am connected to our jabber server without enter the password

but in the GUI there is nothing, export is ridiculous small

there are *two* "kdewallet.kwl" while that with the timestamp after update to kernel 4.13.3 seems to contain my data - but what is the other one, what is that for a terrible split brain situation and how can i get back the passwords from the large file - except just try to move it over the other one but since it's obviously still used what then - even more split brain? kopete no longer works?

[harry@rh:~]$ ls /home/harry/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl
-rw------- 1 harry verwaltung 35K 2017-09-25 11:57 /home/harry/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl

[harry@rh:~]$ ls /home/harry/.local/share/kwalletd/kdewallet.kwl
-rw------- 1 harry verwaltung 1,6K 2017-09-25 15:07 /home/harry/.local/share/kwalletd/kdewallet.kwl

frankly even when i take the 35 KB from a backup last week and try to import it the manager pretends the password is wrong and given that both (the large and the small) have timestamps from today and that open kwalletmanager ordinary is asking for the password and accepts the expected one *where are my manually written passwords* in large text-field types?

playing around with password stores that way which exists so that you can assign for every service a complex 30 chars long password without bother to remember it is nothing but a bad joke

so, after logout and rsync both folders from my home-machine kwalletmanager 4.14.32 opened as all the years before displays them again - not something that makes my trust in the current desktop stronger