Some thoughts on Activity Manager

Every time I log in I get a segfault on kactivitymanagerd. I've
reported it to the Fedora Bugzilla and I assume it will be upstreamed
to the KDE BZ.

I created a completely new user, logged in, and it immediately happened
again. The current version is:

kactivitymanagerd-5.9.5-1.fc25.x86_64

but it's been happening for a while now.

I've never used the Activity Manager and don't understand what it's for
in a system that already supports multiple VTs (kind of - the
KDE/Plasma version doesn't work well for me), as well as multiple
desktops which I do use extensively, so why do we need another layer of
multiplexing?

Personally, I would like to get rid of it, but that doesn't seem to be
possible without removing Plasma.

How many people actually use multiple Activities? Is there anything you
do with them that you couldn't do just as easily with multiple
desktops, or even multiple VTs?

poc