Re: ksnapshot slightly broken in Plasma 5.9.3?

Am 04.03.2017 um 22:08 schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 04.03.2017 um 21:50 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
Reindl Harald ha scritto:

Am 04.03.2017 um 21:34 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    oh yeah instead maintain / replace a for many years known
    application with a clear name introduce a new application with a
    idiotic (because pointsless) name - we really live in a great
decade

Yeah Harald, that crossed my mind also - but my guess is that someone
else developed the "Spectacle" application and either didn't like the
"KSnapshot" name or wasn't allowed to use it.  Contrast that with
Google
who can't seem to settle for a name:  e.g. Google Talk, Hangouts,
Messenger, Allo, Duo, Android Messages

projects like KDE *really* should introduce rules that shitty
application
names which don't give anybody a clue about what the applications is
supposed
to do are prohibited, especially when consider ot replace knowen and
logical
named ones

You don't need to know the name of an application which pop ups when
you press
"Print".

but i need to know it when i have to fix existing setups whre "print"
after update don't work - there are people who don#t reinstall their
machines and profiles for many years

oh and i need to know what packages are supposed to do when reported by "dnf leaves" as not required - i tend to cleanup my systems permanently, maybe one reaosn why my Fedora setup from 2011 still runs fine

No need to think about strange reasons. You can follow the story,
which was
open and publicly discussed. This is the start of the Spectacle
(KScreenGenie,
initially) and the reason to write a new program (which uses relevant
parts of
the old code).
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2015q2/001374.html

This is the discussion about the renaming:
https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=144025072413294&w=2

https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=144025072413294&w=2 has just a single follow-up post in the thread and that's it

if there are follow-up posts not replied corerctly somewhere in the internet i have 2 points:

* people not capable reply to a mail lack qualification for decisions
* your link is useless