Re: ksnapshot slightly broken in Plasma 5.9.3?

Reindl Harald ha scritto:

> Am 04.03.2017 um 21:34 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     oh yeah instead maintain / replace a for many years known
>>     application with a clear name introduce a new application with a
>>     idiotic (because pointsless) name - we really live in a great decade
>>

>> Yeah Harald, that crossed my mind also - but my guess is that someone
>> else developed the "Spectacle" application and either didn't like the
>> "KSnapshot" name or wasn't allowed to use it.  Contrast that with Google
>> who can't seem to settle for a name:  e.g. Google Talk, Hangouts,
>> Messenger, Allo, Duo, Android Messages
>
> projects like KDE *really* should introduce rules that shitty application
> names which don't give anybody a clue about what the applications is supposed
> to do are prohibited, especially when consider ot replace knowen and logical
> named ones

You don't need to know the name of an application which pop ups when you press
"Print".

No need to think about strange reasons. You can follow the story, which was
open and publicly discussed. This is the start of the Spectacle (KScreenGenie,
initially) and the reason to write a new program (which uses relevant parts of
the old code).
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2015q2/001374.html

This is the discussion about the renaming:
https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=144025072413294&w=2

Apart from this, please don't use  "shitty" and "idiotic" anymore here, even
if referred to a name. This is just an opinion and it may likely not be
generally shared.

--
Luigi