Re: ksnapshot slightly broken in Plasma 5.9.3?

Am 04.03.2017 um 21:44 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Yeah Harald, that crossed my mind also - but my guess is that
        someone
        else developed the "Spectacle" application and either didn't
        like the
        "KSnapshot" name or wasn't allowed to use it.  Contrast that
        with Google
        who can't seem to settle for a name:  e.g. Google Talk, Hangouts,
        Messenger, Allo, Duo, Android Messages

    projects like KDE *really* should introduce rules that shitty
    application names which don't give anybody a clue about what the
    applications is supposed to do are prohibited, especially when
    consider ot replace knowen and logical named ones

I understand your point - but many of the good names are probably
already taken for something.  Remember the issues Firefox had... first
it was Phoenix, then it was Firebird, then it was Firefox - which was
sufficiently obscure.  Probably one of the last thing the KDE team wants
to deal with is a copyright infringement claim

Phoenix, Firebird and Firefox are bad examples
none of them gives a hint what type of application it is

the same for "Spectacle"

well, what, kSnapshot was not possible
so simply name it "kScreenshot" and set Provides/Obsoletes

kSnapshot, kdesvn, Kompare are good examples
the "K" indicates it is a KDE or at least QT application
it clearly states what the software is supposed to do

you really need to sell me "Spectacle" if i don't know it already...