Re: missing ark contextmenues in Konqueror

On 24 January 2017 at 20:34, Reindl Harald  wrote:

> Am 25.01.2017 um 01:35 schrieb Orcan Ogetbil:
>>
>> On 20 January 2017 at 11:53, Reindl Harald  wrote:
>>>

>>> i really wish dolphin would never had been developed at all.....
>>> a filemanager without bookmarks - go away
>>>

>> On Dolphin, I have been using the Places panel on the left (I populate
>> it as a bookmark bar). Do you need some additional bookmark feature
>> that this cannot provide?
>

> real bookmarks like konqueror with folders
>
> sometimes it feels like i am the only heavy user out there maintaining
> dozens of servers, projects and hundrets of websites where my filemanager is
> the sftp/ftp client while mostly mounted via fuse.sshfs
>
> a simple bookmark bar with the 5 hottest places you are working on don't
> help at all in a bigger world

How many exactly do you need? Can you count for me? Are they all Unix
paths? Are there any KIO slaves?
Places do not have any limitation on number as far as I can tell. If
there is some limit that is definitely above 5.

For folders of bookmarks, there is nothing directly, but you can work
your way around. e.g. create such folders physically in your file
system, put your bookmarks as symlinks and put the containing
directory into Places etc.

If you really really need the folders, I am pretty confident that the
source code for Places is not horribly complicated, you can write it
in a couple hours.

Is there any other important feature missing?

Orcan