Re: KDE and latest Fedora 24 kernel do not get along

I would guess it's something in your home dir / config. I am also running Fedora 24 and KDE, I updated to 4.8.7 a few days ago and haven't had any issues.

have you tried moving your .config and .kde directories to other names (i.e. mv .config .config_old and mv .kde .kde_old)?