Re: Panel mutually exclusive with root window actions

On 11/01/16 12:33, Fredy Neeser wrote:

> I removed
>       ~/.config/plasmashellrc and
>       ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
>
> executed 'kquitapp5 plasmashell' from a konsole window,
> and then 'kstart5 plasmashell' to restart it.
> This resulted in clean (almost empty) desktop containments with
> fresh wallpapers (one on LVDS, the other on the external monitor)
> and one (default) panel placed on the primary display.

Thank you! That helped immensely. I'm almost back where I want to be.
The panel is visible and a right-click on the root window opens the
"standard menu". Lots of things were changed after these actions but it
wasn't difficult to put most of it back where I like.

The following problems remain.

1. Even though both the old and the new
plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc files contain the same root
window lines,

[ActionPlugins][0]
LeftButton;NoModifier=org.kde.applauncher
MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu

only the right button seems to be active. The middle button creates a
sticky note and the left button does nothing.

2. Even though kglobalshortcutsrc includes these lines,

Switch to Next Desktop=Ctrl+Tab,none,Switch to Next Desktop
Switch to Previous Desktop=Ctrl+Shift+Tab,none,Switch to Previous Desktop

both key combinations do the same thing, move to the next desktop.

It may be that these problems will not survive restarting KDE. I haven't
tried that yet.
--
	Dave Close