Re: Fedora/KDE boot graphics

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I find the slowly filling horizontal line under the K icon
> particularly boring; it makes the Microsoft rotating circle
> seem like an exciting entry into the Windows world.

I like it. It's short and sweet and you know that something
is happening. Lately, though, it never makes it all the way
to the end before the desktop arrives. I'm always left
wondering if something didn't get loaded :-(

> In older versions of Fedora/KDE various icons used to
appear in order,
> showing what was happening at that moment during the re-
boot.

I always hated those icons :-( I found them tired and not
indicative of what was going on at that particular point in
time—and the final one wasn't even a part of the set: it was
an oversized KDE icon. I think they were holdovers from the
1990s.

I'll take that slick and matter-of-fact bar and the pretty
background image any day. And with the background images to
all components—grub (mine is not graphical), gdm/sddm and the
desktop all the same, the entire system looks mature, modern,
polished and professional. I think the art or graphic sig
deserves credit for having created a successful unified look.