no qDebug output in fedora

Dear fedora kde contributors,

I have recently reopened one of my old Qt projects and found that there
is no debugging output in stdout. After some time I have came to
#1227295. In that ticket is Fedora overriding Qt default settings of
QT_LOGGING_RULES variable.

Rex suggested me to open discussion here ratter than opening new ticket
in bugzilla.

Honestly, I don't see much explanation why you decided for that and I
would like to have opposite configuration (default Qt) in Fedora as
default.

Kevin wrote:
> This is by design. Our users do not want to get spammed with
> debugging output by default. It is easy for developers to enable it.
> (We are also working on packaging the GUI KDE now ships for editing
> qtlogging.ini to make it even easier.)

> I think the only sane distro default for qDebug is globally off
> by default.

In my opinion the debugging messages are normal and expected in output
of any application.

End users usually cannot see those messages, because they are running
application without terminal. I don't see any impact to them.

Some power users may run UI applications from terminal. But what they
expect to see there? Personally, I do that as first step in debugging
of the application.

The fedora is focused also on developers. Every qml tutorial starts
with console.log("hello world"); which suddenly doesn't work on fedora.

Maybe we should disable just part of debugging output to decrease
verbosity similar like Qt does:

export "QT_LOGGING_RULES=*=true
kde-frameworks.*=fase
qt.*=false"

Alternatively, we could improve user experience of developers by
changing this configuration during installation of qt5-devel packages.

regards,
--
Jozef Mlich <jmlich83@xxxxxxxxx>