Re: F24 & F25 entire panel, and desktop context menu, missing

Mark Haney composed on 2016-04-25 17:29 (UTC-0400):

Felix Miata wrote:

I have 32 bit F23, F24 & F25 installed on an i845G test machine, host
gx260. Plasma seems to work normally, though painfully slowly, on F23.
IceWM works fine on all. F24 was created as a live (DNF) upgrade from F23
last night, while F25 was created similarly from F23 originally and later
F24 many weeks ago.

Deleting the k* files from ~/.config doesn't help with $SUBJECT. Replacing
~/.config with counterparts from F23 or F25 doesn't help, other than
getting Konsole to autostart and thus allow me to do something besides
shove the mouse pointer around. No .xsession-errors is being generated.

https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/14439 shows a similar result.

Tail of ps -A run right before closing F25 session via script run in
Konsole showed as follows:

 1277 tty2     00:00:00 mc
 1278 ?        00:00:00 cons.saver
 1279 pts/0    00:00:00 bash
 1297 ?        00:00:00 kworker/0:1
 1298 tty3     00:00:00 startx
 1320 tty3     00:00:00 xinit
 1321 tty3     00:00:02 Xorg
 1324 ?        00:00:00 startkde
 1333 ?        00:00:00 dbus-launch
 1334 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon
 1347 ?        00:00:00 ssh-agent
 1383 ?        00:00:00 start_kdeinit
 1384 ?        00:00:00 kdeinit5
 1385 ?        00:00:00 klauncher
 1388 ?        00:00:01 kded5
 1390 ?        00:00:00 kcminit_startup
 1405 ?        00:00:01 kglobalaccel5
 1407 ?        00:00:00 kwrapper5
 1409 ?        00:00:01 ksmserver
 1410 ?        00:00:00 kaccess
 1415 ?        00:00:00 kactivitymanage
 1425 ?        00:00:01 kwin_x11
 1426 ?        00:00:00 baloo_file
 1429 ?        00:00:02 krunner
 1434 ?        00:00:00 kscreen_backend
 1439 ?        00:00:05 plasmashell
 1449 ?        00:00:00 polkit-kde-auth
 1455 ?        00:00:00 xembedsniproxy
 1462 ?        00:00:00 kmix
 1468 ?        00:00:01 konsole
 1477 pts/1    00:00:00 bash
 1483 pts/2    00:00:00 bash
 1533 ?        00:00:00 drkonqi
 1545 ?        00:00:00 kworker/u8:2
 1550 pts/1    00:00:00 ps

What, if anything, can I do that might lead to whatever this bug is
getting fixed? I don't see any open BRC bugs that I can recognize as being
on point. This is not the first F24 installation I've had acting similarly.
Total F24 installations here, both 32 bit and 64, is upwards of a dozen.

BTW, the restore previous session setting is not producing a restoring of
the Konsole session left open on session close, only an empty desktop.

So, you have a dozen installs of not quite beta level software AND how many
of a Fedora version that's not even in rawhide yet (that I'm aware anyway)?

# grep 25 /etc/os-release
VERSION="25 (Rawhide)"
VERSION_ID=25
PRETTY_NAME="Fedora 25 (Rawhide)"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:fedoraproject:fedora:25"

"25" is the first string that shows up in that identification file as an identifying element, and what will be its attributed release number both when it's branched off of Rawhide, and later when it's no longer supported with updates. It should be clear enough to most Fedora users that any F## that doesn't equate to an announced Fedora final release and has not yet been branched off of Rawhide does equate to Rawhide.

I'm terribly lost here.

I have more than a dozen machines on which all have both F23 and F24 installed, and half or more of which in addition have Rawhide installed. I don't keep a comprehensive exact inventory. I have annotated logs of the HD partitions to see what's on any particular machine that I use to facilitate choosing what to use for particular testing I'm interested in doing.

Un-lost now?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/