Re: kf5 5.20.0 totally broken

Am 23.03.2016 um 12:37 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Harald, the only issue I had was that the desktop background
        went back
        to default.  I was able to quickly change it back.  Might have
        been due
        to something in your particular environment not getting set or
        cleared
        out correctly - which has happened to me in the past and
        required that I
        go in and clear .cache, .config, etc.

    *for sure* i won't go and clear .config since i have other tasks to
    do then re-configure my workplace all few months and before that is
    going to happen i switch away from KDE based desktops

Completely understand... it's a hassle... and I'm not saying that is
what definitely happened in your particular case, but it has happened to
me occasionally in the past; and since I had the glitch with my desktop
background I'm guessing something got changed/migrated during the upgrade

KDE upstream should just stop remove, rename and move things all the time around when with every update things are broken (like not so long ago favorites in the menu) and the whole settings over the time become a mess

smart developers should overthink changes which may look like optimize things and consider the impact on the userbase - all the regeressions i have seen from Fedora 22 until now must not have happened at all if developers would understand their *resposibility* until they don't declare that their project is not just for own use and no longer directed to users

other projects manage updates without such a mess over years and decades, i manage the same for hundrets of customers for 13 years now and have *zero understaing* for what's going on in the KDE / KF / Plasma or whatever name you should call whatever piece currently