Re: kwin configuration files.

Am 20.12.2015 um 02:15 schrieb Rex Dieter:
Reindl Harald wrote:

you can follow the specs without create a mess

OK, how exactly?  I'm genuinely curious how we can have bot  The only
concrete suggestion you made so far didn't follow the specification.

what are my *current* kate setting to duplicate on another machine or
just to backup and restore?

At a guess, anything that matches: ~/.config/kate* ~/.local/share/kate/

fine - a mess

a sane application would just have *one* config file or if that is for
whatever reason not enough *one folder* containing all its settings

"~/.config/kate* ~/.local/share/kate/" is a joke

I was erring on the side of caution, most likely all that is required is the
single
~/.config/katerc

but it also depends on your defintion of "kate config".  Does that include
the kate kpart plugin that can be used in other applications?

Remember, ~/.local/share is for application *data*, does that count as
configuration to you?

well, the real problem is that i am even not able to answer that questions because i have no idea what is considered as application data

the desired result is: let a kde application appear identically on a different user account or after a restore including anything from tab-width, show line numbers, default charset up to toolabr settings and positions