Re: KMail address-completion

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:02:04 PM CET Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Thursday 17 Dec 2015 12:48:26 PM Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > The "bizarre" addresses usually come from the Baloo index, I've noticed
> > myself  that we fail to parse some addresses correctly when indexing them
> > leading to all kinds of funny (or broken) suggestions in composer.
> > Unfortunatelly there is no way to modify this index - you can only turn it
> > off.
>
> A lot of bizarre email address also gets added to auto-completion if you
> interact with services like postmatic.com. If you reply to emails from them
> then something like dklsjlfskjdflskjflsjflsjflsdjfsldkjslkjfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> will be added to the auto-completion. Blacklisting them will not be useful
> because it will be a different address next time. I could blacklist the
> domain but I wouldn't want to also black list say help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I
> don't really have a huge problem so I leave it like as it is.

Turns out the blacklist in "Configure Completion..." dialog actually applies
to all addresses, including "Recent Addresses" and addresses indexed from all
emails. And the blacklist allows you to blacklist entire domains so for
example blacklisting "noreply.github.com" will get you rid of all the fake
"Real Name <project@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" addresses in autocompletion...

Dan

Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC: dvratil on Freenode (#fedora-kde, #kde, #kontact, #akonadi)