Re: Plan for F22 KDE updates after F23 release?

Am 04.10.2015 um 00:25 schrieb P. Gueckel:
Reindl Harald wrote:

a clean install?
are we now on windows?

It's how I like to do it [tips fedora]

I have never had problems with clean installs and I
have formatted my drive so that there is always one
spare partition available to use as root (ok, two,
since I like to keep the previous Fedora, just in case
something ever goes wrong).

There is less configuration and fiddling with a clean
install than with an upgrade, in my opinion, while,
reading these lists, I see again and again mention of
problems others have had with conflicts, unresolved
dependencies, lingering outdated configs and whatnot.

As soon as a problem arises, the first advice one
receives will be to back up the home directory and
start with a clean one. So, what is to be gained with
an upgrade over a clean install? Time? Negligible, I
think, and what gain there might be will be spent many
times over comparing old and new configuration files.

that only works for users just browsing the web, reading some emails and using a random instant messenger - not if you *really* use your computer

for me it takes 3-4 days to get configurations and customizations back to a fresh install, besides i am responsible for around 35 Fedora installs which would mean 105 days of work - that would be finally a half release cycle

a fresh install because unresolved dependencies is laughable, the time of the fresh install you could learn to deal with them once instead burry the head in the sand