Re: Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Am 09.08.2015 um 03:49 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 08.08.2015 um 02:14 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
PS: A Firefox 0-day exploited in the wild:
https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2015/08/06/firefox-exploit-found-in-the-wild/
Do we really want to expose our users to such risks?

sorry, but *that* is nonsense

while i am firefox user and don't like it as default on live-media just
because there was a security bug is nonsense as argument, given that we
would need to kill nearly any package out of Fedora because all software
in the past few years had more or less critical security bugs

The point is, as I wrote, Konqueror is very unlikely to get targeted by an
attack. Firefox, on the other hand, is an attractive target and does get
exploited in the wild (as the example has shown).

All software has security holes. But only software with a high market share
is an interesting attack target.

sorry, but that is bullshit and nothing else, sadly you even know that and still bring such *wrong* arguments - that you *think* nobody will attack you does not make you more secure

the opposite is true because the next steps is become an idiot which thinks he is always secure and acting like that