Re: New default web browser on KDE Spin

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:06:03 -0400
Eric Griffith <egriffith92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all, question for the List:
>
> What would it take / whats the protocol to push forward the idea of
> replacing Konqueror as the default web browser? Konqueror doesn't
> seem like its going anywhere, and I really think that the user
> experience would be better served if either Rekonq, or ideally,
> Firefox were the default browsers. Is there any specific reason that
> Konqueror has stuck around as the default for so long?
>
> --Eric--

*Unofically*
Konqueror is officially part of KDE, "we" want what KDE provides, not
sure about rekonq now I guess there are no new releases for a long time?
Rekonq can be compared with features to konqueror + kwebkitpart
(which is default on fedora) using qtwebkit instead of khtml, so I guess
it doesn't provide much more (but possibly less without some
non-critical features), there are people here who can tell you much
more about differences.

Firefox is not integrated well with kde, it uses GTK+ (for some parts),
it doesn't integrate with kwallet ...

I remember I was on one of the "recent" meetings (KDE SIG) (possibly few
months ago), someone mentioned this about possible change of default
browser.