Re: Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Am 14.12.2014 um 01:40 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
Giuliano Colla ha scritto:

Il 13/12/2014 22:03, Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto:
[...]
For once I agree with Reindl. I don't even understand what Plasma is and
I've been an exclusively KDE user since version 3.

I know that you know, but in a nutshell the Plasma workspace is a bloated tray
taking all the screen, and populated with buggy applets called Plasmoids. But
if you select "Folder view" you get a Desktop where you may put what you need
(folders, files, application launchers, etc.) and get a decent KDE.

But that's still Plasma. Just a different configuration.

One day KDE developers will realize that a computer Desktop must be like a
desktop where we keep the documents we're working on and the tools to operate
on them, and not third party applications. That day KDE will conquer again the
popularity it's lost with the "evolution" toward Plasma. I know a lot of
people which dropped KDE because of Plasma, I don't know anyone who switched
to KDE, fascinated by Plasma.

You just said that you can get a "decent desktop". So it's a matter of
configuration. Again, a different issue. We are talking about naming here and
"old" people who knows the difference can help with spreading the change,
instead of opposing it

sorry, but i do not need to help spreading a completly useless "change" because if i am interested in marketing i go out and by a Mac

KDE is KDE - period