Re: qt-4.8/kde-4.10.1 now available for rhel6

On 17/07/13 15:47, Rex Dieter wrote:
Orion Poplawski wrote:

3) Is there any way to let people help build more recent releases, if
it's too much for you to do by yourself?

Good question.  Maybe someday if we could move to some sort of shared
infrastructure, like http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Copr or
rpmfusion.org or whatever.

Rex - I'd like to help as well.  I think a shared resource of some kind
would
definitely be the way to go.  I'd like to be able to offer our users here
a EL6 platform with KDE 4, but I don't want to do it if support for it
might
disappear.  Being part of that support would help :).

Awesome, I'll start the brainstorming...

Also, any plans for migrating these from "unstable"?

Yes, once I get a little more feedback about how it is working for folks
using it, good or bad.  hint hint :)

-- rex

Rex: I've been using kde-unstable on my SL i686 laptop pretty much since you made it available. I can't say I've explored its features, and the laptop isn't in continuous use; but I've found it much more stable and user friendly than what I had before, which was, as far as I was aware, the standard distribution. Thanks a lot.

I've mentioned my use of kde-unstable, and kernel-lt from elrepo, in several posts on the ATrpms-users, rpmfusion, MythTV and SL lists. I guess it would be good to lose the 'unstable' tag. Most el6-clone users are hoping for stability :-)

Maybe I can mention, in passing, that the mouse on my F17 box has developed twitchy and unpredictable behaviour over the last few weeks; window switching and text selection often need several attempts before they come right. I expect I'll be moving on to F18 soon, though, so it's not going to get much attention.

But yes, I like your 'unstable' el6 packages.

John P