Re: Can't login after booting from Fedora 18 KDE Spin Live

Good day, I have downloaded and burned on DVD image
Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso. After booting from the DVD a login screen
appears where user name 'liveuser' is filled in and password is blank.
I'm not able to log in. I tried blank password and passwords like root,
liveuser, demo but it always brings me back to the login screen. Please
advise. Thank you in advance. Vojta
try login to
"KDE Plasma Workspace (failsafe session)"
instead.  Most likely the session is crashing for some reason (easiest
explanation is video driver crash trying to enable desktop effects).
Unfortunately I can see no such option in the boot menu.
The option to switch to failsafe session is in the login screen, not in the
bootloader. Look for a blue (?) arrow that will bring down a popup menu, where
you can pick the session.

Cheers,
Dan

Oh, I see. Thank you. Unfortunately I'm not able to login even with failsafe session. The problem still persists. Is it possible to install Fedora 18 from terminal? That's the only option that works for me.

Vojtech