Re: qt-4.8/kde-4.10 (hopefully) for rhel6 coming soon

Back in office, trying to set-up the kde repos. Brings me to my next wish :) An rpm for setting up the kde repos similar to what EPEL provides would be great. It is quite rare to have root priviliges on these machines, but having sudo rights to yum is easier to achieve. Also, I believe it is a cleaner approach to use an rpm rather than manually fiddling with config files (less error prone, more maintainable).

Feeding yum a custom yum.conf I was able to test, but is seems somehow the URL is not resolved correctly. This is what I got:

$ sudo yum -c /tmp/yum.conf check-update
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, security, subscription-manager
Updating certificate-based repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/redhat/6Workstation/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/redhat/6Workstation/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/redhat/6Workstation/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
http://apt.de.kde-redhat.org/kde-redhat/redhat/6Workstation/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
http://kdeforge2.unl.edu/kde-redhat/redhat/6Workstation/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.

epel-release.noarch

My Red Hat release:
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.3 (Santiago)

If I go to the first mirror, the 6Workstation entry is indeed non-existent:
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/redhat/

Now I replaced the mirrorlist lines in yum.conf, so that the three respective lines read:
baseurl=http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/redhat/6.3/x86_64/stable/
baseurl=http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/redhat/6.3/x86_64/testing/
baseurl=http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/kde-redhat/redhat/6.3/x86_64/unstable/

Then check-update went through but a yum search for kdevelop only gave kscope, and Digikam is still at version 1.2. Take into account that yum is new to me, there may be some trivial command I am unaware of.

Cheers,
Alf