Fedora 16 KDE spin questions

Hello,

I just upgraded from Fedora 12 to Fedora 16 with the KDE spin, which I
absolutely love - good choice for me. I have 4 questions if anyone can
help (I do not possess exceptional geek skills, so please keep any
answers in the "for dummies" mode if you can, otherwise it will be
Greek to me). I use the terminal for easy things like installs, but
that's about it.

Here are my questions:

Question 1): In the "Get, Remove and Update Software" panel of system
settings, I have one update that will not install, called
rpmfusion-nonfree-release (version 16.1.1). Unless I uncheck it when
other updates are needed, it will freeze up the entire update process.
Thus, I wish to delete this update from the panel, but there is no
option available to do so. How do I delete this malfunctioning update,
and how do I prevent it from reloading the next time my system checks
for updates? For that matter, how do I delete any future update I do
not want to install? By the way, the in the description area below the
rpmfusion update, it says: "The developer logs will be shown as no
description is available for this update. **20110-11-02** Nicolas
Chauvet -16.1.1 - Fix comat key for F-15 **2011-10-27** Nicolas
Chauvet -16-1 - Add keys for Rawhide/F-17 -Build for F-16 *Could not
parse header.* 'Thorsten Leemhuis -16.1' *expected*: 'Firstname
Lastname -version release' Updates rpmfusion-nonfree-release - 14-2,
Repository: rpmfusion-nonfree"

Question 2): I have a font I downloaded in my downloads folder. It was
not readable by the Font Viewer program, stating: "Could not read
font." Thus, I clicked to delete the font, but then I receive the
message: "Could not delete file. The file or folder does not exist."
If I right click properties, it still returns the file's attributes,
but all else tells me the file is no longer in existence, therefore it
cannot be deleted, moved, or renamed. How to I get rid of this
nuisance?

Question 3): I am a writer, and am halfway through my next book. I was
using OpenOffice Writer with Fedora 12 with no issues. With Fedora 16
KDE, when I issued an install order for yum regarding OpenOffice
Writer, it defaulted to LibreOffice Writer, which apparently is the
preferred app for this OS spin. In any event, to open my book file,
which is only 1.5 MB of text (no graphics), it requires a full 5
minutes to load into LibreOffice Writer. Is this normal??? When I
launch my prior book, which is 9.0 MB of text only, it takes a
whopping 21 minutes to load. These times are FAR in excess of the load
times with OpenOffice Writer in Fedora 12. The computer has a 1.2 GHz
Celeron processor with 1.5 GB of RAM, same as in Fedora 12. Is Fedora
16 using so much system resources that this sluggish load time is
expected, If this is all normal, I can live with it, but it sure seems
odd to me.

Question 4): When I run Disk Utility, it tells me: "DISK HAS MANY BAD
SECTORS Backup all data and replace the disk". The only two IDs that
return less than expected when I run the Self-test are: ID 197 Current
Pending Sector Count with a warning that failure is a sign of old age,
and it shows a value of -1 sectors, along with ID 190 Airflow
Temperature, with a warning of "failed in the past" and the old-age
statement again. The value for this one is37 degrees centigrade/99
degrees fahrenheit. How critical is this? Will my computer last for a
while still, or am I on thin ice? I also was informed of these two
issues when the .iso install disk ran to install this latest Fedora
version. By the way, I am also experiencing an unusual number of
random sytem glitches, and wonder if these could be caused by this
issue (I did not have these problems with Fedora 12).

Thanks so much for any assistance you might provide. I am not able to
regularly check the forums, so could any technical responses please be
emailed to me at: wildernessrogue@xxxxxxxxx? It would be greatly
appreciated! Take care.

Steve
http://trikeasylum.wordpress.com