Re: Downgrading kmail

On Saturday 19 November 2011 04:57:58 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > Good to hear.
>
> you're misunderstanding - this was my second migration, the one I was
> complaining about a few posts back in this thread - the only messages
> that came across were the ones that were unread in my original folders,
> a few hundred messages at most - I lost over 20 thousand - KMail has
> lost its lustre for me at this point - with all these bugs, and the
> sluggishness, it's a shadow of its former self - hopefully, they'll get
> it all straightened out eventually - Thunderbird has its own share of
> problems these days, too

The problem is that KMail has some features that I rely on, and TBird doesn't
have them.  In particular I miss the ability to associate an identity with a
folder (essential for mailing list handling:  I got many moderation messages
when using TBird) and the much better handling of expiry of messages.

Anne