Raising the bar

Question:

What if, instead of passing out Live CD images, you passed out virtual
machine images?

These could be compact (at least around the range of a Live CD/DVD),
but a little speedier (I personally find that even on my recent
laptop, a virtual machine runs much smoother than a live CD booted
system.)

Assuming this was integrated with an initiative on how to teach users
to quickly install and setup the virtual machine, this would have the
following advantages:

1.  Current Fedora users could easily participate without modifying
their system, and in a much more efficient manner than booting other
systems.

2.  Setup would be much easier -- perhaps the installation and removal
of the images could be handled through a package.  This would also
mean that you could pass down updated images for Testers using the
update system.

The only clear disadvantage would be that 1) no live Image for those
who do not have a virtual machine manager (but since all Fedora users
have access to KVM, surely that should be enough -- obviously the bulk
of Fedora tests is Fedora users), and it would be more difficult to
test sound and 3D, which are crippled in VMs.  (No one would be doing
Compiz QA with this).

But then again, a live CD itself can be too slow for rigorous
multimedia or graphics experience testing.  At least VMs allow
potentially even easier distribution and management, and you could be
a flagship use of Fedora's new VM capability.