Could/should the new nvidia driver be added to the release candidate live release ?

> On Thursday 15 January 2009, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > There was a lot of user frustration that prior versions of KDE didn't
> > work properly because of issues attributed to nvidia.  I think its our
> > responsibility to test/work this out in the release candidate and make
> > sure that things do work properly now.
>
> It is not. Proprietary drivers are not supported.
>
> I don't see why we should put stuff on the live CD which are not part of
> Fedora. We want you to test Fedora, not some proprietary crap.

BECAUSE YOUR USERS NEED IT TO FULLY USE KDE !

Kevin, KDE does not live in a bubble.  It has to interact with other
things in the real world.  Like nVidia graphics cards and nVidia device
drivers.

So it needs to be tested with them so that the users *in the real world*
get a product that has been tested *in a real world environment*.

Kevin, I've been watching your actions in bugzilla and I have to say
that I find your manner and your actions to be crass and
inconsiderate.

You seem to want to close every bug off as either notabug or upstream or
anything that would have a Fedora person be responsible for it.  I just
don't understand your actions.

In this case it won't do anyone any good to sweep the nVidia issue under
the rug during testing.  Its real, it exists and its applicable to the
end users.  It needs to be tested.

Sorry to everyone else for the rant.