Re: OpenShift: alerting heads up (attention appowners!)

Ooo sounds really cool, good stuff darknao!!

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 at 18:40, Michal Konecny <mkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is really great to hear. Waiting on this till I got maintainership
over release-monitoring.org. Good work darknao!

Michal

On 09. 02. 23 19:10, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greeting everyone
>
> Thanks to darknao, we have just enabled monitoring by default for our
> OpenShift applications. Note that it will not be active until the next
> run of the playbook pushes it out. I will look at running playbooks over
> the next few days for most projects, but if you are an appowner and want
> it sooner, just run your playbook (and let me know I don't need to).
>
> Some notes:
>
> By default it alerts on the things in
> ./roles/openshift/project/templates/prometheusRules.yml
> Which includes cronjobs failing, pods crashing for various reasons, etc.
> We can look at expanding this if there's other things that are generally
> good to monitor.
>
> Alerts trigger and by default send email to appowners.
> You can optionally set alert_users list in your playbook if you like and
> it will only send to those users (not to appowners).
>
> If for some reason you do not want any of this monitoring on your
> application you can set: alerting: False to avoid it. I'd really like to
> know why if you plan on doing that however.
>
> Hopefully this will help us see when things aren't working right before
> we get user reports about it. :)
>
> Many thanks again to darknao for setting this up. :)
>
> kevin

David Kirwan
Senior Software Engineer

Community Platform Engineering @ Red Hat