Re: Ipsilon documentation

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 09:03:13AM +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Hey folks!
>
> I would like to ask you about Ipsilon and its documentation. I have
> made the last significant commits to it over the past few years
> (mostly during the AAA project development), and I might be one of the
> few people who *kinda* know how it works. At least some parts.
> That's not a very good bus factor and I could write some
> documentation, since it's pretty important in our authentication
> system.
>
> Ipsilon does have documentation here :
> https://ipsilon-project.org/doc/intro.html
> (and a bit here: https://pagure.io/ipsilon/).
> To prioritize what I'll write, I wanted to ask you what you would like
> to see in Ipsilon's  documentation that is missing today. Could you
> check out the existing doc and let me know?

Great idea! Thanks for offering to update it...

A few things I would love to see:

* Some note/discussion on why not to run it in OpenShift... I think it
was because it needs to talk to sssd via dbus and can't do that in a
rootless container? But my memory is a bit fuzzy. Would be good to
mention this (or... if we can do it now, we should move them back into
OpenShift)

* Perhaps some admin stuff. Like how to delete a user token in the db or
the like?

* Another exmaple for the examples could be how we have it setup in
fedora-infra? That would both provide another example of a real world
use, and help us in knowing how we have it setup. ;)

Just my 2cents

kevin