Testing of the New Staging Deployment of MDAPI

Hi folks,

I hope you are doing well. I write this to let you know that I have been working on the MDAPI project under Pierre-Yves Chibon's guidance for some time now for
  1. Refactoring the code
  2. Implementing code quality standards
  3. Adding more comprehensive tests
  4. Implementing a CLI wrapper
    And other major changes
The codebase functionality remains the same in this rewrite for users, but I have made attempts to ensure that it becomes relatively easier for the community members to be able to contribute to the project with the addition of documentation, enhancements in code readability and other miscellaneous changes that help improve the contributor quality of life. Once the changes were completed, I moved the repository from my personal GitHub namespace (now archived)[1] over to Fedora Infra's GitHub namespace[2] and deployed it on the Fedora's staging environment[3], with David Kirwan's assistance.

Please take it for a spin and test it out so that we can fix as many issues as we can before we deploy it on the production environment.

Happy holidays! :)

  1. https://github.com/t0xic0der/mdapi
  2. https://github.com/fedora-infra/mdapi
  3. https://mdapi.stg.fedoraproject.org/

Regards,
Akashdeep Dhar (he/him),

Objective Representative, Fedora Council

Red Hat Community Platform Engineering

t0xic0der@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

akashdeep@xxxxxxxxxx