Re: FMN / notifications status

On Wed Oct 5, 2022 at 14:57 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Updates. :)
>
> Last night I reinstalled the new python3 version.
> I saved the old f27 version off. It's lv is named
> notifs-backend01.iad2.fedoraproject.org-20221004-f27
> and it's virt xml is in /root also in case anyone needs/wants to put it
> back.
>
> Pingou graciously looked at it this morning and fixed a number of small
> issues. I then flailed around and fixed a few more.
> The current problem seems to be that it takes so long for it to start up
> and cache it's rules and prefs that by the time it does the workers
> connections to rabbitmq have timed out and they croak. Pingou increased
> the timeout to an hour, and I added a few 0s to it just a bit ago.
>
> Hopefully once it gets past the timeout issue it will start processing.
> Currently at least messages aren't being dropped, just queueed up and
> not yet processed, so it will have a nice backlog when it finally does
> start processing.
>
> fmn.tasks.unprocessed_messages  104650
>
> Anyhow, Pierre will take another look his time tomorrow morning, but he
> doesn't have too much time to devote here, and I am on PTO
> tomorrow/friday. If we can't get it working by then, it would be great
> if someone took over trying to get it working... :)
>
> Thanks everyone for your patience.
>
> kevin

Thanks for all your work on this! I'm sorry it's been so finicky.

Right now, when I go to https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/
and click the Login with FAS button, I get a The page isn’t redirecting
properly error. The same thing happens on apps.stg.

--
Best,

Maxwell G (@gotmax23)
Pronouns: He/Him/His