Re: infra-sig packaging group packages

Sorry, just realized I didn't reply to this...

On Sun, Jul 03, 2022 at 07:25:04AM +0000, Mattia Verga wrote:
> Il 02/07/22 21:51, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
> > * Are you a packager already (ie, in the packager group) and would like
> > to help us out by maintaining infra-sig packages? Let me know if so!
> I can help with that. In fact, I already maintain a few packages. I'm a
> provenpackager, but I don't strictly need to be added to the infra-sig
> group,but that would help to receive bug reports and notifications.

Sure. I can add you!

> > * Finally, I'd like to drop some packages that the sig currently
> > maintains. There's 68 packages that the infra-sig is admin on currently.
> > There's 222 packages infra-sig has commit on.
> >
> > I'm not sure how best to takle the list(s). I guess we could just go
> > through them one by one sometime? or everyone could propose a list we
> > should drop/add?
> >
> > https://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/infra-sig (admin)
> > and
> > https://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/infra-sig2 (commit)
> >
> > Some are obvious (pam_url), others less so (do we use python-gearbox?)
> >
> - I've recently orphaned pam_url because, as discussed in another
> thread, it's not used anymore in fedora infra. The infra-sig group was
> added as admin, so it should be possible to drop the package by anyone
> in the group.

Yeah, and done.

> - python-robosignatory is in good shape and I added infra-sig as admin.

great!

> - reg is FTB lately. As discussed some time ago in another thread, I'm
> not particularly familiar with Golang and upstream is dead. The spec
> file was reworked by eclipseo few months ago. I can try to fix it, or
> ask for help by go-sig, but I remember there was a discussion to use
> flatpak-indexer or move the registry to quay
> (https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/10386).

Well, flatpak-indexer and reg do different things.
flatpak-indexer basically makes delta sets, so flatpak updates only need
to download the delta/changes between versions, not the entire thing.
reg makes a pretty index web page for people to see the containers we
have there if they want from a browser.

Moving to quay should somewhat cause reg to no longer be needed, but
likely we will keep needing flatpak-indexer.

> - the 'bodhi' package can be retired and dropped. Instead, infra-sig
> should be added to 'bodhi-[server|client|messages]' packages.

Ah yeah. Good idea.

kevin