Re: User Documentation

On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 05:39:19PM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Good Morning!
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on where we could place User
> Documentation for websites and tools that fedora-infra owns.
>
> During the development of Noggin / Fedora Accounts, we created user
> documentation for Fedora Accounts, and sort of just threw it up on the
> Fedora Docs site:
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-accounts/
>
> it is linked in the main docs structure in a weird way too: from the
> main docs.fp.o index, click on engineering teams, then at the bottom
> of that list on this page:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/engineering/ we have the Fedora
> Accounts Docs.
>
> I have been working on a few drafts and outlines of user-facing
> documents, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to
> present them.
>
> Was thinking having a sub-sub group on the new gitlab instance to
> store the source, and possibling creating a new subsection on Fedora
> Docs to link to the list of docs.
>
> thoughts?

Good question(s). :)

I wonder if we should ask for a top level section under 'User
Documentation' and call it something like 'Fedora Infrastructure
applications' ?

This was one big annoyance with the wiki... we had user docs mixed with
contributor docs, mixed with other. It would be great to clearly mark
user docs as such and target them accordingly.

As for where they live, I'd leave that up to who is doing them, but all
the rest of the docs are on pagure, so IMHO it would make sense for them
to be there also, unless we want to move all the docs over to gitlab
(which of course would require buyin from docs folks. :)

kevin