Re: Using the fedora-messaging API via RabbitMQ connector in containerized app

Hey!

I'm trying to write an application that is cloud native, that needs to
be able to interract with the FAS for Fedora Account System User ID,

If you want to auth your users against FAS, the best way to go is OIDC (OpenID Connect)

also for Fedora Badges. I am wiritng this using Quarkus, and I can very
easily include a RabbitMQ client to the project. I was wondering if
that would suffice to establish login credentials and message the
Fedora Badges to issue a specific badge to the logged in user upon a
specific message request from the app.

Fedora Badges will listen to messages sent over RabbitMQ to award badges, so yeah sending a message on the bus is a prerequisite.
However, only applications running inside the Fedora Infrastructure may publish messages. From the outside, only listening is allowed.

Could you give us more details on the app you're building? What it's for, who are the expected users, etc.

Thanks

Aurélien