Re: Openshift 4 SOP PR review

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:12 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 01:03:52PM +0900, David Kirwan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have put a number of SOPs together, related to Openshift 4, installation
> > and configuration on Fedora Infra, we are hoping to get some feedback!
> >
> > If you get a minute please check the following:
> > https://pagure.io/infra-docs-fpo/pull-request/8
>
> Looks pretty nice to me. Thanks for the detailed docs. ;)
>
> I do have some other questions, might as well throw them here:
>
> * On the storage, are we ok if a node goes down? ie, does it spread it
> over all the storage nodes/raid? Or is it just in one place and you are
> dead if that node dies?
>
> * Is there any way to backup volumes?
>
> * should we make a playbooks/manual/ocp.yml playbook for things like
> - list of clusteradmins
> - list of clustermoniting
> - anything else we want to manage post install
>
> * Have we tried a upgrade of the clusters yet? Did everything go ok?
> Do we need any docs on upgrades?
>
> * Since the control plane are vm's I assume we need to drain them one at
> a time to reboot the virthosts they are on?
>
> * Should we now delete the kubeadmin user? In 3.x I know they advise to
> do that after auth is setup.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'm not even certain that was a good
idea in the OCP 3.x days, because eliminating the kubeadmin user means
you lose your failsafe login if all else fails.

> * Right now the api is only internal. Is it worth getting a forward
> setup to allow folks to use oc locally on their machines? It would
> expose that api to the world, but of course it would still need auth.
>
> * Do we want to try and enable http/2 ingress?
> https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.5/networking/ingress-operator.html#nw-http2-haproxy_configuring-ingress

Maybe? I think if we want to have more HA-deployed services, it would
make sense to do so.

> * We will want to enable kubevirt/whatever it's called...

I think it's formally called OpenShift Virtualization, but yeah, it's KubeVirt.

> Thanks for the great docs. +1 on them.

These are awesome, indeed!