Re: Openshift 4 SOP PR review

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 01:03:52PM +0900, David Kirwan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have put a number of SOPs together, related to Openshift 4, installation
> and configuration on Fedora Infra, we are hoping to get some feedback!
>
> If you get a minute please check the following:
> https://pagure.io/infra-docs-fpo/pull-request/8

Looks pretty nice to me. Thanks for the detailed docs. ;)

I do have some other questions, might as well throw them here:

* On the storage, are we ok if a node goes down? ie, does it spread it
over all the storage nodes/raid? Or is it just in one place and you are
dead if that node dies?

* Is there any way to backup volumes?

* should we make a playbooks/manual/ocp.yml playbook for things like
- list of clusteradmins
- list of clustermoniting
- anything else we want to manage post install

* Have we tried a upgrade of the clusters yet? Did everything go ok?
Do we need any docs on upgrades?

* Since the control plane are vm's I assume we need to drain them one at
a time to reboot the virthosts they are on?

* Should we now delete the kubeadmin user? In 3.x I know they advise to
do that after auth is setup.

* Right now the api is only internal. Is it worth getting a forward
setup to allow folks to use oc locally on their machines? It would
expose that api to the world, but of course it would still need auth.

* Do we want to try and enable http/2 ingress?
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.5/networking/ingress-operator.html#nw-http2-haproxy_configuring-ingress

* We will want to enable kubevirt/whatever it's called...

Thanks for the great docs. +1 on them.

kevin