Re: Ticket notifications in IRC

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:33:58AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I do find the level of messages pretty overwhelming. Especially when
> we're getting stuff like "edited the priority fields of ticket blah"
> and "assigned ticket blah to blah". It does make it very difficult to
> see actual conversations in the backscroll.

Yeah, I think the current level is pretty crazy.

> It does seem interesting that other groups don't do this and seem to
> function. We don't have all the QA-related trackers notifying #fedora-
> qa every time anyone touches a ticket, yet things still seem to work
> and the tickets aren't ignored...

Sure, and perhaps we should just drop all the messages to #fedora-apps?

Dunno. I guess it's all a matter of workflow. One thing I keep trying to
figure out how to prevent/reduce is what I think of as 'turning a pull
request into a push request'. (note: lots of people do this, I am not
singling anyone out!):