Re: Mirrorlist bad entry for ftp.icm.edu.pl resulting 404

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 02:39:44PM +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 02:11:49PM +0100, Rafal Maszkowski wrote:
> > > Thanks for letting us know. The best place to report mirror problems is
> > > probably: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues
> > > I had a look at that mirror and it seems it changed URLs and I just
> > > updated our mirror entry to use the new URLs.
> > > It takes about one hour until the changes are live so it should soon
> > > point to the correct URLs.
> > I prepare to use quick-fedora-mirror finally. It looks to me that with
> > that type of mirroring I can mirror only all subdirectories of
> > fedora/linux, including core and extra which I did not mirror until now
> > but I can no longer keep epel there. But the official paths registered
> > long ago in https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/mirrors/EPEL
> > are
> >         rsync://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/epel
> >         https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel
> >         http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel
> > (I just try to unify them to …/epel) and they are available.
> > Despite that I already got a report that
> > curl -Lv http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/
> > returns a location
> > https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/epel/7/x86_64/
> > from X-Fedora-ProxyServer: proxy04.fedoraproject.org
> > I have tried it myself and I get
> > http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel (not https) but from
> > other proxies. My hypotesis is that this proxy (at ibiblio) has stale
> > information. Should I fill a report on that in
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues ?
> I do not think that the proxy is out of date:
> $ curl -s "http://proxy04.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-7&arch=x86_64&country=pl&redirect=1"; -H 'Host: mirrors.fedoraproject.org' -I | grep location
> location: http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel/7/x86_64/
> But maybe when you looked the data was still old. It always takes some
> time. Anyway, if you think that something is not correct please open a
> ticket. As far as I see it, everything looks correct now.

It should not be question of time. The most recent change until this
week was made long ago, maybe years before if I am not wrong (and those
were still correct paths even after removing my fedora/linux/epel). I
have no reason to doubt the report I got. I have temporarily restored
the unofficial fedora/linux/epel path. My most recent changes got
propagated and if that curl command tests the proxies properly it looks
like all (23 existing in the range from 01 to 40) have the right new
path:

rzm@ukwial:~,0> seq 1 40 | awk '{ printf "curl -s \"http://proxy%02d.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-7&arch=x86_64&country=pl&redirect=1\"; -H \"Host: mirrors.fedoraproject.org\" -I | grep location\n", $1 }' | sh | uniq -c
     23 location: https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/epel/7/x86_64/

R.
--
„Walczy on z całym zapamiętaniem przeciwko intelektowi” - z akt personalnych prof. A. Baeumlera