Re: Mirrorlist bad entry for ftp.icm.edu.pl resulting 404

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 02:11:49PM +0100, Rafal Maszkowski wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:20:08AM +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 06:29:27AM -0000, Mariusz Brzezik wrote:
> > > Dear community, recently i we faced a errors during machines creation phase due to bad entry for ftp.icm.edu.pl within EPEL mirrorlist. Checked for CentOS 7 and 8.
> > > Centos 7 entry giving 404 error: https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/epel/7/x86_64/
> > > Working link for CentOS7:          https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel/7/x86_64/
> > > Centos8 entry giving 404 error: http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/epel/8/Everything/x86_64/
> > > Working link for CentOS8:         https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel/8/Everything/x86_64/
> > > Who should i contact with to issue those mirrorlist errors?
> > > Thank You in advance for You help!
> > Thanks for letting us know. The best place to report mirror problems is
> > probably: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues
> > I had a look at that mirror and it seems it changed URLs and I just
> > updated our mirror entry to use the new URLs.
> > It takes about one hour until the changes are live so it should soon
> > point to the correct URLs.
>
> I prepare to use quick-fedora-mirror finally. It looks to me that with
> that type of mirroring I can mirror only all subdirectories of
> fedora/linux, including core and extra which I did not mirror until now
> but I can no longer keep epel there. But the official paths registered
> long ago in https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/mirrors/EPEL
> are
>         rsync://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/epel
>         https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel
>         http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel
> (I just try to unify them to …/epel) and they are available.
>
> Despite that I already got a report that
> curl -Lv http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/
> returns a location
> https://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/epel/7/x86_64/
> from X-Fedora-ProxyServer: proxy04.fedoraproject.org
>
> I have tried it myself and I get
> http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel (not https) but from
> other proxies. My hypotesis is that this proxy (at ibiblio) has stale
> information. Should I fill a report on that in
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues ?

I do not think that the proxy is out of date:

$ curl -s "http://proxy04.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-7&arch=x86_64&country=pl&redirect=1"; -H 'Host: mirrors.fedoraproject.org' -I | grep location
location: http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/fedora-epel/7/x86_64/

But maybe when you looked the data was still old. It always takes some
time. Anyway, if you think that something is not correct please open a
ticket. As far as I see it, everything looks correct now.

		Adrian