Re: master mirror slow sync

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:12:32AM +0100, Jan Kasprzak wrote:
> 	Hello,
>

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> : As some of you may know, there's been reports of slow sync times for
> : content from the master mirrors last week.
> : (see: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/9392 )
>
> ftp.linux.cz Tier1 mirror admin here. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> : * Our two mirrors located in other datacenters:
> : download-ib01.fedoraproject.org
> : and
> : download-cc-rdu01.fedoraproject.org
>
> 	None of the above contain the fedora-enchilada0 rsync package,
> and in the fedora-releases package there is no 33 subdirectory.
> Which package should I use for rsyncing?

Odd. They do have it defined. Just like the main master mirrors. ;(

It could be something to do with them having ipv6 addresses and you
coming from a different ipv6 address? We have
ftp.linux.cz
in rsyncd.conf... so it should reverse lookup the ip and allow it, just
like the iad2 masters. ;(

If you can drop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net we can try and
debug it? Or I can just add some hard coded IPv4/IPv6 addresses for you?

> : may provide faster speeds than the dl-tier01.fedoraproject.org mirrors
> : right now depending on your location/routing, so you may want to at
> : least temporarily sync against them.
>
> 	So far I have manually hardlinked releases/test/33_Beta tree to
> releases/33, and I am running rsync of
> rsync://dl-tier1.fedoraproject.org/fedora-enchilada0/linux/releases/33/
> on top of it. The download speed around 50 Mbit/s.
>
> 	Is there a faster way how to get my mirror in sync? Thanks,

Well, fedora-quick-mirror will only copy those specific files you still
need and won't cause our end to have to stat the entire tree so you can
compare it (like bare rsync does). But otherwise that should work...

kevin