Re: Upcoming fedoraproject Datacenter move reminder and plans

Il 04/06/20 03:26, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:

> It won't actually be down, it will just be moved to the new datacenter.
>
> So, applications that connect to 'rabbitmq.fedoraproject.org' will get
> the iad2 cluster instead of the phx2 one. Since we will change that when
> we move it everything should be using the same cluster, so it should
> still all work.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> ie, a build happens in phx2, the message goes to the _iad2_ rabbitmq
> cluster and bodhi (listening there) acts on it.
>
> The one wrinkle is fedmsg, which we can't easily switch over like that.
> So, we may well lot have all our fedmsgs. ;(

Yeah, my concerns were about losing messages, since Bodhi relies on that
for moving things, especially when creating new updates.
When a new update is created, Bodhi, Koji and robosignatory work
together listening to messages to push the update to pending testing. If
we lose a lot of messages, we may end with a lot of builds not correctly
signed/tagged and a lot of updates stuck into pending.

I just don't know how many messages you estimate to get lost while
migrating.

Mattia